- Promote the SHRM Annual Conference via e-mails and in chapter meetings to all chapter members (refer to SHAPE Section 3.1).
- Be sure that you are maintaining your chapter affiliation requirement throughout the year.
- If there have been any changes in your volunteers, report them to your Member Engagement Associate. Keep SHRM informed of any changes to volunteer e-mail addresses, contact information, and role changes.
- Promote the SHRM Certification program and encourage members to become certified.
- For January – November please submit Chapter Designation Forms by the 5th business day prior to the end of the month to be processed.
- Host a speaker on current/upcoming legislative issues (see governmental affairs best practices in the SHAPE planning workbook for other ideas).
- All chapters have access to e-blasts to promote their activities to all SHRM members in the chapter’s ZIP code range. Complete the appropriate online request form for your chapter’s size in the VLRC.
- Use the quarterly rolling PowerPoint with updates from SHRM at your chapter meetings during networking time. Find the slides in the VLRC under “Communications.”
- Submit your monthly program for recertification credits with the SHRM Certification Preferred Provider Program.
- Review e-mails from SHRM Volunteer Communications for news and updates from SHRM.
- With your board, review the SHAPE initiatives each month to be sure you are on track for an award or to meet SHRM’s requirements in Section 1 of the SHAPE.
2018 State Council Meetings
- April 13th – 10:00-3:00
- June 8th – 11:00-1:00 (Webinar)
- August 21st – 11:00-1:00 (HR Indiana Conference)
- October 12th – 10:00-3:00
- December 14th – 11:00-1:00 (Webinar)