Step Up for the Foundation
Last month, we encouraged all chapters to Race to 100% Giving.
This month, our focus is on “Stepping Up” for the SHRM Foundation.
2019 is the 4th Annual SHRM Foundation Step Challenge at SHRM Annual Conference and Exposition in Las Vegas, NV. As the step challenge generates a great deal of excitement and competitive spirit, let’s broaden our view to see how many ways we can “Step Up” for the Foundation this June.
1. Join the Step Challenge in Las Vegas during Annual Conference. Register here.
2. Support the SHRM Foundation’s inclusion initiative by registering for the Veterans at Work Certificate program. This is an online program where HR Professionals can earn 10 PDC’s toward re-certifying their SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is free and open to all HR Professionals, who will learn best practices for starting a veterans’ hiring initiative during the program. **Membership tip: promote the program, and perhaps develop a learning series around the program, for any interested professional in your community, and use it as a gateway to gain new members.
3. Attend the Veterans at Work one day program at SHRM Annual Conference and Exposition. The SHRM Foundation is hosting a one-day event to provide HR professionals with resources and mentorship to support their work to build or strengthen a veteran employment program. This free one-day event is made possible thanks to support from USAA and JPMorgan Chase.
- Veterans at Work: Activating Veteran Employment
Best Practices from the Best in the Business
Saturday, June 22, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The program is limited to 50 participants. Interested individuals must apply here. APPLY NOW
4. Promote SHRM Foundation Scholarships! The Foundation will award $500,000 in scholarships in 2019. Learn more.
5. Promote SHRM Foundation giving. Encourage a leadership campaign on your board, or encourage members to make a personal donation.
HR Indiana SHRM is very proud to be #2 on the list of Top Ten State Councils from 2018. Please help us meet our goal to be #1 this year. How will you “Step Up” for the Foundation this June?