Become a Chapter Champion!
HR Indiana SHRM set the bar high last year, earning place #5 in the Top Ten List of State Councils. Indiana SHRM and chapter members should be proud of our state and our efforts to advance the efforts of the SHRM Foundation.
Every Chapter in Indiana should have a goal of becoming a Chapter Champion in 2018. Here is a basic checklist of everything a chapter needs to do to become a Chapter Champion.
- Designate a SHRM Foundation Chair or Director to lead your chapter or council Foundation activities.
- Ask your members, and strongly encourage your board members, to join Team Empower by making a donation of $30 or more to the SHRM Foundation and pledging to support our inclusion initiative.
- Host a fundraising event to benefit the SHRM Foundation.
- Make a donation from chapter or council funds to the SHRM Foundation by December 31.
- Completing the SHAPE workbook by January 31, 2019 and include your chapter’s/council’s work to support the SHRM Foundation.
Most of these are activities our chapters are already doing. So, keep up the good work and let’s have an entire state full of champions in 2018.
If your chapter needs some support or more resources to support the SHRM Foundation and your fundraising initiatives, go to www.shrm.org/foundation/getinvolved/chapters-and-state-councils/resources.
And, you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org; I am happy to help.