Annual SHRM Member Audit – Are You Ready?
Each year all chapters are required to submit a copy of their chapter membership rosters to SHRM. The rosters are required in order for the chapter to participate in and be eligible for SHRM’s Chapter Financial Support Program (CFSP) and to determine if the chapter meets SHRM’s affiliation requirements.
- SHRM reimburses the chapters $25 per member per year for 100% chapters (all chapter members are SHRM members) and $10 per year per SHRM member for non-100% chapters.
- For affiliation, SHRM requires that all chapters chartered prior to January 1, 2004 have 30% or 10 SHRM members whichever is greater. All chapters chartered on or after January 1, 2004 must have 51% or 25 SHRM members, which is greater. The more SHRM members a chapter has, the more financial support the chapter will receive, and the higher the percentage of SHRM members will be, making it in the best interest of the chapter and SHRM to recruit and retain as many members as possible!
As a best practice, I recommend you request an updated chapter Roster from Nicole Hall prior to conducting your audit. Don’t wait until the end of the year, complete your SHRM audit now! If you need assistance please do not hesitate to contact me, I would be more than happy to assist.
Growing Your Membership
Growing your membership can be challenging and takes a lot work. Here are a few ideas/tips:
- While there are not currently any SHRM discounts listed on their web-site, RetailMeNot does have a coupon available for a SHRM membership discount. The coupon code is SAVE20 and was just recently used by another IN chapter.
- Has your chapter considered SHRM Membership Scholarships?
- Are you working with your affiliated Student Chapter to
- Encourage SHRM membership at the local chapter level by sharing the overall financial value of investing $209 annually:
|YOUR MEMBER BENEFITS||
|Unlimited SHRM Webcasts —
Learn from top HR experts as they cover trending topics.
|Sample HR Documents —
Customize templates, policies, forms and presentations.
|Ask an Advisor Service —
Save time and fees by getting assistance with your HR questions from certified HR Knowledge Advisors.
|100s of Research Reports —
Make informed decisions with evidence-based insights.
|Annual subscription to HR Magazine —
Stay up-to-date with our award-winning magazine.
|One free post on HR Jobs —
Get a free 30-day post on our exclusively HR job site.
|SHRM MEMBERSHIP VALUE||
|YOUR LOW 1-YEAR RATE||
SAVE THE DATE!
Monday, August 20th from 11:30 am to 1:15 pm we will hold our annual Membership Summit during the 2018 HR Indiana Conference. You won’t want to miss this as we have invited SHRM Chief Membership Officer, Elissa O’Brien to join us and share her vision for the future of SHRM Membership. We will also discuss membership onboarding best practices as well as maintaining SHRM required affiliation.
2018 Quarterly SHRM Membership CLA Webinar’s
To access the registration link or recording link for any webinar click on the webinar title below. Each webinar can be accessed any time after the scheduled session. There is no call-in number for webinars and technical assistance will be provided during the session via the Q&A function on the console. For questions regarding all CLA webinars, please contact Communications Manager Bailey Yeager at email@example.com.