Vice President, Human Resources
Summary of Position Functions
The VP of Human Resources is responsible for supporting the culture and all people functions within the organization in the US and Canada. In this capacity, establishes and articulates the company’s human resource strategy, manages human capital risks through compliance with the policies and practices of the company as well as governmental laws and regulations, and serves as a member of the executive leadership team.
Essential Position Functions
- Act as a guardian of the organization’s culture
- Translate the enterprise strategy into global workforce requirements and HR policies / objectives
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model, and operational execution
- Lead major change initiatives within the organization
- Develop and coach individual managers, teams, and employees
- Ensure that a strong talent leadership culture permeates the organization as well as a culture that embraces change
- Forecast talent needs and develop staffing strategies to identify talent within and outside the organization.
- Address talent gaps including overseeing external recruitment and succession management
- Oversee performance management systems
- Assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant comparable companies
- Identify and ensure compliance with legal requirements and governmental reporting affecting the HR functions
- Enhance, develop, implement, and enforce HR policies and procedures to improve the overall effectiveness of the organization including systems to support compliance with all federal, state, and local employment practices as well as matters of affirmative action and policies with respect to sexual harassment
- Oversee the HRIS and related databases within the organization
- Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of the organization and its culture
- Establish personal and departmental credibility throughout the organization with management and employees to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources in support of employee relations, employee complaints, external education, and career development
- Establish and maintain wage and salary structures, pay policies, and performance appraisal programs
- Manage the health and benefits programs to balance dual goals of cost containment while providing suitable motivation and rewards for effective performance
- Develop compensation and benefits programs to provide appropriate incentives and rewards for effective performance
Note: The statements contained herein describe the essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Non-Essential Position Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- HR Generalist and Administrative Staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. MBA Preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience serving in a senior leadership role in Human Resources; or seven (7) years of experience in Human Resources; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume and cover letter.