The Human Resources (HR) Representative is responsible for assisting local managers and supervisors with implementation of Company policies and procedures. The Human Resources Representative monitors all HR-related activity within one or more divisions, areas or regions to ensure compliance and effectiveness. The Human Resources Representive oversees, improves and maintains compliance, consistency, and comprehensiveness of HR policies, programs and systems and assists with a variety of HR issues including, but not limited to, employee relations, employee development, benefits, employee onboarding, compliance and data tracking and reporting.
• Assists HR Managers with investigations and employee related issues.
• Coordinates, plans and assists with events related to Human Resources such as special projects, employee engagement activities, training, recruiting events, talent assessments
• Spearheads and coordinates the interview and hiring process, including assisting with applicant and new hire paperwork, review of hiring documentation, interview planning and pre-employment testing.
• Provides human resources assistance to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
• Implements, disseminates, and monitors corporate and division policies, programs and procedures in the areas of administration, training, compensation, compliance, and benefits to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
• Maintains all employee personnel and related employee data and files, such as personal data; compensation, benefits, and tax data; attendance; performance reviews or evaluations; disciplinary actions; and terminations. Ensures all employee files are viewed only by authorized personnel and ensures files are kept confidential per Company policy and/or practice.
• Monitors division compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
• Coordinates with division operations and corporate/regional/district HR staff regarding all employment activity (i.e., hiring, employee relations, compliance, terminations, etc.) within the division.
• This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 60% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or closely related field.
• PHR or SPHR certification.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 2 years of administrative or Human Resources generalist experience involved in all aspects of human resources, including knowledge of employee benefits, and the employment process.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
• MS Office including Word and Excel.
• Company information systems applications including payroll or applicable HRIS systems.
• Ability to impact and influence all levels of the Company.
• Knowledge of recruiting and selection procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please apply online at www.republicservices.jobs
Please email email@example.com with your resume for immediate consideration.
Missy Shaffer (Recruiter) 248-494-3505
Fort Wayne, IN
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume and cover letter.