Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is an $11 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more. This opportunity resides within STANLEY Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The HR Specialist will have primary responsibility for the centralized transactional processes for new hires commencing at the point the offer is made including all employee onboarding activities required to prepare for the employees’ first day. This position will collaborate directly with employees and front-line leaders in order to coordinate the day-to-day delivery of HR administrative & operational support. This position is responsible for completion and timely submission of requests, projects and routine reports, while ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (including but not limited to)
Talent Acquisition – Provide administrative support for the HR new hire process.
- Submitting employment verification, education verification and drug screen requests for candidates
- Communicating background completions
- Requesting network IDs & ordering equipment
- Communicate employment verification issues to BU HR team members.
- Administer the job requisition, internal and external job posting process and applicant tracking for all new and replacement positions for SS group
HRIS – Reporting & Metrics
- Ensure new hire survey is sent out weekly and compile results on a monthly basis
- Data entry of new hires and SS NA group level employment changes into PeopleSoft
- Maintain Background Check Status tracker
- Collect and communicate e-Verify scorecard metric
- Coordinate the monthly organizational charts process & monthly metric
- Run various reports and provide analysis as needed (BrassRing, PeopleSoft etc..)
Performance Management (OPR)
- Supports the annual Organization & People Review (OPR) process as needed.
Functional Excellence: Collaborate, Standardize, Improve – “Pride In Performance”
- Provide administrative support as required to support various HR Programs & Processes.
- Coordinate and deliver New Hire Orientation on rotational basis with HR Team
- Ensure New Hire Orientation and Employee Start Up Guide are updated timely
- Maintain SSNA group employee files in Databank and i9s; ensure compliance with all laws and SBD policies
- Provide group level administrative support for all HR related actions, including, but not limited to new hires, promotions, transfers, leave of absence, terminations and payroll transactions
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Ability to work multitask using multiple systems
- Process oriented – ability to evaluate and improve HR administrative processes.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong ability to manage and facilitate change.
- Generates creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Strong analytical skills combined with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels.
- Initiative to investigate and proceed with new ideas, projects, or process improvements.
- Possesses the ability to assist management to develop initiatives to improve the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and strong presentation skills.
- A high achiever with a track record of enhancing and facilitating best-in-class HR training solutions.
- Uses data to identify people trends, patterns, opportunities and problems that have an impact on the business.
- HR certification (PHR, SHRM-CP)
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft & BrassRing
- 2+ years of Talent Acquisition Life Cycle experience
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume and cover letter.