Summary: Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Director in supporting the Division. Provides support to the Human Resources Department in a variety of areas including (but not limited to); recruitment, onboarding, policy implementation, training, compensation and benefits and recordkeeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Designs and conducts new employee orientation and/or training.
- Assists in administration of compensation program; helps to monitor performance appraisal process.
- Conducts and coordinates benefit enrollment with new employees during open enrollment, processes all benefit enrollments, changes, beneficiary designations and distribution of paperwork and reconciles monthly billings. Examines employee files to answer inquires and provides information to authorized persons.
- Administers and explains benefits to employees, and serves as a liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Administers COBRA for group health plans.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, by posting job openings and job advertisements. Helps to coordinate the use of temporary employees.
- Administers pre-employment tests; conducts reference checks.
- Maintains employment files and records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Assists in organizational training including but not limited to ISO and safety programs.
- Conducts new hire orientation and new hire training.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Responsible for correspondence related to terminated employees (ie unemployment benefits insurance, responds to initial and follow-up applications.) COBRA notification, benefit termination, exit interviews, etc.
- Maintains human resource information system records and complies reports from the database.
- Tracks time off forms, attendance and leave requests.
- Recommends and coordinates employee programs, such as wellness events, seminars and company events.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to and include a resume and cover letter.