Compensation & Benefits Associate
Purpose of Position: The incumbent is responsible for providing direct support of day-to-day payroll, group benefits, and compensation processes consistent with the Bank’s strategic goals and priorities. In performing job duties, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring compliance with both internal policy and applicable laws and regulations, as well as consistency with the Bank’s Culture of Excellence.
- Serves as primary point of contact for payroll administration and time and attendance tracking, ensuring that data is gathered, input and approved timely, accurately and consistent with internal controls; coordinates with payroll provider as questions arise, surfacing problems and/or recommending corrective action where appropriate; troubleshoots and provides systems training to internal users where needed
- Provides assistance to staff relative to benefits and wellness initiatives, including responding to questions, assisting with forms and troubleshooting problems when they arise; also supports initial sign-up, open enrollment and other administrative processes, serving as a point of contact for the benefits component during new hire orientation
- Notifies benefit providers (either through manual or on-line systems) of new enrollments, changes and/or terminations on a timely basis; ensures that proper documentation is maintained and appropriately filed; troubleshoots problems
- Assists in administering leaves of absence, and related benefits, ensuring consistency with Bank policy and applicable laws/regulations. Includes, but is not limited to Family and Medical leave, Medical Leave, Workers Compensation, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Parental/Adoption Leave, and Personal Leaves of Absence
- Provides timely notification to managers regarding pending performance reviews, responding to inquiries as appropriate
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of major initiatives, including annual benefit open enrollment
- Creates and/or maintains various spreadsheets, reports and records in hard copy and/or electronic format
- Responds to general questions and inquiries from staff, providing timely, courteous customer service consistently
- Meets with employees as needed, facilitating resolution of issues as appropriate
- Assists with preparation of benefit-related invoices and employee communications, as appropriate; may also assist with compiling information for regulatory filings
- Provides critical back-up for other Human Resources staff, including but not limited to departmental imaging processes
- May assist with compensation and benefit research and analysis, as directed
- High school diploma required; some college level coursework preferred, especially with an HR or business focus
- At least two years of experience completing full cycle payroll processing required; experience with ADP applications highly desirable
- Experience with other operational Human Resources functions preferred (such as benefits enrollment and administration, leaves of absence, wage surveys, wellness benefits)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative data, think critically, arrive at well-reasoned conclusions, and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting a high degree of professionalism
- Excellent customer service skills, with the proven ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively deliver information and training
- High degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and efficiently process high volumes of detailed information accurately
- Ability to prioritize and work independently under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with and good working knowledge of standard computer applications, including intermediate level knowledge of Excel, with the ability to create formulas and navigate pivot tables
A Stable and Growing Employer
The National Bank of Indianapolis is the largest, locally owned, national bank in greater Indianapolis. Since opening our doors in 1993, we have grown from 18 employees to more than 300 employees. Our strength and success in serving the local market is directly attributable to our talented staff. With greater than 90% staff retention year after year, and with a highly competitive benefit package, our staff enjoy a sense of stability not always experienced in the general work environment. Benefits include but are not limited to: medical/dental/vision/life insurance, vacation, personal time, holidays, tuition assistance, 401k, profit sharing, and wellness benefits.
Who We Are Looking For
The National Bank of Indianapolis has assembled our talented staff by hiring only the best, whether highly experienced professionals or those just entering the workforce. We are looking for those who are committed to delivering superior service to our clients and superior teamwork to their co-workers. Along with the relevant knowledge and experience, The National Bank of Indianapolis requires its employees to have both a high degree of professionalism and a commitment to excellence.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to resumes@NBofI.com and include a resume and cover letter.