- This event has passed.
HR Indiana SHRM Webinar Series
June 29 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$20 – $30
Jeremy York, SHRM-SCP: Transgender Workforce
Friday from Noon-1pm EST.
Cost for members is $20/each and non-members is $30/each.
This Month’s Featured Webinar is:
Jeremy York, SHRM-SCP:
Today’s workforce is one of the most diverse that employers and human resource professionals have seen since the creation of diversity and inclusion initiatives… and it keeps expanding. Transgender people are part of that expansion and make up 1.4 million of the U.S. population – approximately 28,000 living in Indiana. What does this mean? It means the likelihood of employers hiring a trans person is growing, but yet they aren’t prepared for it.
In this dynamic, informative session, participants will:
- Learn about transgender employees, gender identity, and workplace issues faced by trans individuals.
- Understand HR’s role in creating inclusivity of transgender employees.
- Learn and discuss initiatives to prepare the workplace for transgender issues and to manage transition in the workplace.
- Discuss organizational culture and understand how to affect acceptance of transgender workers.
- Review and summarize learnings and provide time for questions.
This program is certified for 1 PDC from SHRM Certification & 1 CEU from HRC