We Always Need Dozens of Volunteers
Full Conference Registration Required (no exceptions).
Are you looking for a chance to give back to your profession, earn money for your local chapter, network with tons of different HR professionals AND enjoy free snacks and gifts?!?
A Variety of Volunteer Opportunities
There are numerous volunteer opportunities open at the 2019 HR Indiana Conference.
Examples of Some of our Volunteer Needs
- Assist with attendee registration on Sunday afternoon, August 11, and Monday and Tuesday, August 12 & 13.
- Bag Stuffing
- Arriving Sunday? Help us stuff 1800 bags starting at noon on Sunday, August 11.
- Room Host
- Greet speaker and attendees. Assist speaker with set-up, handouts, room logistics. Introduce speaker utilizing prepared script. Notify hotel staff if room requires housekeeping. Fill out attendance and room evaluation form.
- Exhibit Hall Vendor Assistance (registration/set-up/tear down)
- Show vendors to booths. Serve as general runner for exhibit hall. Assist with vendor booth set-up and/or tear down and registration. Monday and Tuesday only.
- SHRM Foundation Activity
- Staff Foundation Event tables (this job allows you to stand or sit).
- Indiana State SHRM Membership Booth
- Help staff the booth. Educate guests and answers questions about state chapters, sign up new chapter members, hand out appropriate chapter materials.
- LinkedIn Photo Booth
- Assist photographer as needed.
- Bookstore Setup and Staffing
- Help setup the HR Indiana Bookstore on Sunday, August 11, then assist with selling books and merchandise Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Assist with registration and logistics on Sunday, August 11.
Generate Revenue for Your Local SHRM Chapter
Plus, did you know that you earn money for your local SHRM chapter every time you volunteer? That’s right HR Indiana SHRM sets aside a portion of revenue for each chapter based on the number of volunteer slots fulfilled by the chapter!
Enjoy Snacks and a Gift!
Additionally, we have a Volunteer Lounge just for you, where you can pick up an appreciation gift and enjoy snacks throughout the conference.
Register to Volunteer